Skip to Main Content

Resource Request: Alumni / D.Min. / Semlink

This guide will help patrons at any of Gordon-Conwell's campuses to request resources whether they need a book via Interlibrary Loan, a hold placed on an item, or a scan from a book chapter or journal article.


Unfortunately, if you are an Alumn of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary you do not have ILL privileges. In addition, items owned by GCTS cannot be sent to you through the mail. However, if you live near a GCTS Library you do have borrowing privileges of up to 10 items and can review your database privileges here. A great resource for receiving items is through your local library and all distance students are encouraged to become familiar with this local resource. is a helpful tool for locating where books are available in your local library (just update the page with your zip code and it will show which libraries in your area hold items). WorldCat also provides a directory of local libraries here. In addition, if you have a college, university, or seminary nearby it may be beneficial to contact them about getting guest privileges at their library. 

Doctor of Ministry

If you are a Doctor of Ministry student at Gordon-Conwell, you have a variety of borrowing options ILL. Unfortunately, like all members of our community, ILL items cannot be sent to any address other than a GCTS campus - if you live at a distance and need an ILL item then please visit your local library for accessing ILL or contacting for having Goddard Library Items mailed to you. For the best information, please visit the Doctor of Ministry Library resources page.

If you have access to a campus library then you have the option of contacting the ILL librarian  ( in order to increase your ILL limit. This request for a limit increase must be made prior to requesting more than the standard ILL amount (6 items). If you do not live near a GCTS campus, it would be helpful for you to be familiar with your local library and utilize that for ILL. You can find local libraries here. In addition, checking with local colleges, universities, or seminaries about getting guest privileges would likely be an additional help for you. 

Distance/Semlink Students

If you are taking Semlink courses at Gordon-Conwell, you can request items be mailed to you from the Goddard Library (contact Unfortunately, ILL items cannot be sent to non-GCTS addresses. If you do need an item that is not owned by the Goddard Library, you can contact your local library to request items through ILL. If you have any questions about requesting resources please contact